Have you ever had finicky kids who wouldn’t touch vegetables, especially nutrient-rich spinach? Well, it’s probly how you prepare it. Remember, not all kids are like Popeye who could eat spinach straight from the can! So how can you prepare flavorful spinach? Add skinless longganisa! (Filipino sweet sausages).
So here’s how to prepare flavorful Spinach con Longaniza:
- On a frying pan pour 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Mash 3 pieces of skinless longganisa with a spatula. If the longganisa is too sweet, then 2 pieces will do.
- Slice 4 cloves of garlic and 1 small onion. Add garlic and onion and saute in the frying pan.
- Pour half a gallon of thinly sliced Spinach leaves into the mixture. Briefly toss the sliced leaves in the frying pan for about 30 seconds.
- Pour half cup of water and mix well. The water will help cook the Spinach leaves.
- Add 1 teaspooon Ginisa Mix.
- Add 2 tablespoon of fish sauce (patis)
- After simmering for 5 to 7 minutes, beat 2 medium-sized eggs and pour on the mixture.
- The dish is ready when the egg is almost cooked. This particular dish serves 4.
Your kids may not be as super strong as Popeye but they’ll certainly like spinach way better! Bon Apetit!